Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July post

As the nation celebrates its birthday, I've began reflecting on some of the recent changes during the summer.

1. Living with Brian is interesting. I haven't been drinking as much (which is a good thing) and I've also been working towards losing the gut I have amassed over the years. However I will say last night was a night where I had only 8 beers when it felt like I had 20. So no more drinking...for now

On a side note, I'm trying to figure how in God's name I passed all of my classes. I'll probably owe Jason money for passing me. As for Becky...well I won't post that here :P

2. I've also been working mornings again, which is a nice change of pace for the summer. I'm not bombarded with school work and the shift in the day time seems so much faster. Everyone seems to enjoy working with me in the mornings (probably cause they don't have to work back booth). I will say that I miss working with my ladies at night though...especially Cassie :P

3. With school out for the summer, I've been writing, trashing, and rewriting more fiction pieces. I just finished a short story the other day (while sitting by the pool) and I'll probably be editing it tomorrow or Monday night. I've also made it a goal to read as little as possible, mainly to focus on my writing.


Tonight I'm going to Riverfront park to watch fireworks with some coworkers and friends. Not the most glorious of plans, but when you are with good friends, you don't nessicarily need to go all out for a holiday.

I guess I will end this with a cliche "That's all I have for now" kicker. Happy 4th of July everyone and be safe.

Quote of the Day:

Here's to alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems.

-- Homer Simpson

No comments: